UTI (urinary tract infection) is very common in especially in females, mostly after the age of 20. It occurs due to bacterial growth in the urinary tract. According to Ayurveda, after food has passed through the digestive tract, it is divided into two parts mala and mutra. Mala as in stool, the hard food part. The liquid part is called mutra. Here whatever food products are getting consumed by us, gets filtered and the division is made. If we are taking precautions with our food intake, then there is no need to worry. UTI is considered very common and it is an infection which can be treated easily. Ayurveda helps us understand how the diet intake can keep us healthy. Hygiene is considered to be the most important when it comes to genital care. Wearing loose and cotton innerwear, cleaning of the genitals properly whenever you urinate or defecate is extremely important. These are small regular hygiene tips to keep bacterial growth away.
Various Symptoms of the Urinary Tract Infection
As per the research report of the National Health Service (NHS) of the UK, upper and lower urinary tract infections have different symptoms. So, we’ll discuss both.
Symptoms when the UTI is in the Lower Tract:
- Bloody Urine
- Burning sensation in the urine
- Cloudy and bloody urine
- Pelvic pain in the women
- Rectal pain in the men
- Strong odour from the urine
Symptoms when the UTI is in the upper tract:
Fever with pain while urinating are two alarming signs for UTI. Always check if these two are present.
Major Causes of the Urinary Tract Infection(UTIs)
Women possess shorter urethra than men, eventually producing more bacteria in their bladder or kidneys. Subsequently, the bacteria could cause infection in the urinary system.
Here are scenarios that heighten the chances of getting unhealthy bacteria in the bladder or kidney:
- Having Sex
- Dry and unhygienic genital area
- A weak immune system encounters UTIs, such as those experiencing chemotherapy or diabetes.
- Not enough consumption of water
Prevent UTIs By Following These Tips
We can prevent Urinary tract infection (UTI) by following the below-mentioned suggestions.
- The genital area should be clean and dry after use of the washroom.
- Intake plenty of liquids, especially fluids ensuring you urinate often and don’t feel thirsty during the day.
- Always wash out the private part before or after the sex.
- Always urinate after the sex.
- Prefer changing the nappies or pads immediately on being soiled.
- Always check your urine color and fragrance.
- Changes in urine form should be informed to concern doctor as in slow urine flow or interrupted flow.
- Steam or hot water bag holding (use with caution) on bladder can help relax bladder muscles to pass urine normally.
- Eating without emptying the bowels. Having junk food very frequently can increase the chances of UTI.
- Never use scented soaps.
- Eating habits like spicy food intake.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol
- Don’t hold the urge to urinate.
- Ensure that you are emptying your bladder rather than doing it in a hurry.
- Avoid consuming lots of sugary drinks or food as it stimulates the bacteria to grow.
- Don’t prefer wearing tight synthetic underwear.
In case of immense pain in the unitary system, one should consult the doctor immediately. Ojas Ayurveda now provides online doctor consultation. Our expert doctors could recommend diet and lifestyle along with high quality supplements to tackle your UTI naturally and effectively.
What Diet should be Followed During the UTIs?
One should incorporate the following food into the diet plan to recover from UTIs as soon as possible.
- Fiber-Rich Foods: One has to incorporate food that is a good source of fiber, like lentils, nuts, whole grains, beans, and bananas. These foods aid in eliminating all the harmful bacteria from the body.
- High Probiotic Foods: Food rich in probiotics can easily combat UTIs in no time. Some high probiotic foods are yoghurt and pickles(non spicy). Add them into your diet and eliminate the Urinary tract infections in no time.
- Berries: The consumption of cranberries, raspberries, and blueberries helps to combat all UTIs. It possesses proanthocyanidins, which is suitable for addressing UTIs by fighting against the infection-causing bacteria.
UriOjas: One-stop Solution to Treat the Urinary Tract Infections
UriOjas is effective in maintaining optimal urinary health. Along with the above recommendations, incorporating Uriojas supplements into your lifestyle is a good way to overcome urine infections or keep it at bay. It's a herbal ayurvedic product formulated by blending pure extracts of Curcumin, Punarnava, Gokshura, and Bhumiamla and has no added preservatives.
The main ingredient of Uriojas from Ojas Ayurveda is Gokshura. It is known to be the best mutravirechak and shulahar in ayurvedic text. It has tremendous properties to keep the urinary tract healthy. Uriojas also comprises of curcumin and bhumiamla, making the capsules more effective as haridra/curcumin is well known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-infection, anti-bacterial properties with bhumiamla being the most incredible herb to keep the toxins away from body.
Benefits of Gokshura
- It is effective in maintaining urinary health
- It helps remove worms from body
- It helps in reducing urinary system pain
- It increases the amount of urine to clear the tract
- It will keep urinary tract healthy by removing all the toxins from the tract
- It cools and soothes membranes of the urinary tract
- It aids in the discharge of stones
- It strengthens kidney function and nourishes kidneys
- It strengthens the reproductive system by increasing Semen
- It is invigorating for postpartum women
Benefits of Curcumin
- It strengthens liver functions
- It helps improve intestinal flora
- It purifies blood and aids in the formation of new blood tissue
- It promotes proper metabolism
- It aids in the digestion of protein
- It works as the best tonic for Skin
- It is a powerful digestive stimulant
- It is an excellent antidote to colds
Benefits of Bhumiamla
- It cleanses the gallbladder and cools the digestive tract.
- It reduces skin disorders.
- It works best in nasal bleeding.
- It aids in addressing all liver problems.
Hope the above detailed write up will help you now understand how to avoid urinary infections. Adding Ojas Ayurveda Supplement UriOjas to your regular diet can be an excellent way to keep any problem related to UTI at bay.