The prostate gland in men is found underneath the bladder and abutting the top portion of the tube, draining urine from the urethra. The prime function of the prostate gland is to produce fluid required for nourishing and transporting sperm. It is called as Paurush Granthi in Ayurveda.
When the prostate gland grows in size, it is known as the situation of prostate enlargement or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Men experience this condition, especially after the age of 50.
Once the size of this gland increases, the flow of urine gets affected. The tube narrowing occurs because of a swelling like structure in the tract. If this problem is left untreated, it may lead to the urinary tract, bladder, and various other kidney problems including reverse flow and increased blood pressure.
Granthi in Ayurveda meaning storage and production of various secretions of body, responsible for a proper functioning of organs. Paurush granthi helps the urine flow smoothly and helps in shukra vahan i.e sperms flow.
Numerous Possible Causes of the Prostate Enlargement
One of the main causes is holding the act of urination. Holding the urination at the time of eating, sexual activity, physical exertion, other activities like sperm ejaculation. Excessive sexual activity, any trauma to urinary system example falling from a height, accidental trauma, putting external pressure on lower abdomen, exerting while the act of urination, not having enough water during day or even having excessive water before sleep, all the above could contribute to prostate enlargement.
There can be various reasons behind prostate enlargement; however, getting access to the exact cause is complex. For example, the high-level changes in the male sex hormones that arise with aging can be a significant factor. Alongside this, the family history of prostate gland enlargement may also lead to a greater risk of BPH. There occurs urinary system defect whenever BPH happens. As explained in ayurvedic text mutravah strotas dushtu i.e urinary system defects.
Several Symptoms Associated With The Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
In the initial stage, the symptoms associated with BPH are relatively mild; however, they become severe if you don't treat them meticulously. Here are some prevalent symptoms:
- A weak urinary stream
- Painful urination
- Blood during the urine
- Incomplete bladder emptying
- Dribbling at the end of the urinary system
- Leakage of urine
- Dushit mutr/ contamination in urine
- Interrupted flow of urine
If you have been experiencing these symptoms mentioned above for a long time, it's high time to consider a doctor's consultation. Ojas Ayurveda now offers online doctor consult for diet and lifestyle recommendations and natural herbal solutions to your concerns.
How to Tackle the Prostate Enlargement Issue?
There are several medications or tips to steer clear of the prostate enlargement problems. Here is some guidance to adhere to:
- Rich Green & Nutritious Diet: Incorporating a healthy green-rich diet is indispensable to maintaining a healthy prostate. Green vegetables embody numerous vitamins and nutrients that help to keep your prostate healthy.
- Maintain Healthy Weight: Prostate enlargement also occurs among men due to not having a healthy weight. This obesity leads to several health problems as well. That is why one should consider a balanced diet and regular exercise to maintain a healthy weight that helps overcome prostate enlargement.
- Stress Management: Stress is not the direct reason for the problem of prostate enlargement, but it can be indirect, which may weaken the body's immune system. As a result, the alternations in the men's hormonal balance make them immensely susceptible to this disease. That is why meditation is the key to addressing stress issues by relaxing the mind.
- Mansaras/meat soup: As per Ayurveda, meat soup helps and relieves the stress on prostate.
- Ensure consumption of hygienic water: having contaminated water can increase the risk of Prostate enlargement.
- Keep a track on daily urine timings: keeping a track of how many times you urinate in the day, helps your doctor understand the cause of BPH.
- Healthy sexual life: Monogamy of partner is advised and not holding back sperm ejaculation when indulging in sexual activity is a very important point. Do not be ashamed of the urge to urinate during sex as it is only natural to have the urge, alternatively you can empty the bladder before any sexual activity.
- Consume 4-5 soaked Black Raisins (kishmish) daily: It helps you keep calm and helps the urinary system to work properly.
Problems of prostate enlargement have been increasing among men for the past few years, and following the above precautions, one may be able to stay clear from such conditions. You can include ProstOjas by Ojas Ayurveda in your routine to sideline the issues associated with Prostate Enlargement and you may consume the supplement for general wellness. It is a controlled pure and natural blend of Ayurvedic herbs & minerals, including Varun, Kanchmaar, Gokshura, and Shilajit.